WTE’s web-based content management system, AgileSite, was designed with our client’s needs in mind and allows users to manage all aspects of their Web site through an intuitive interface. With access from any computer connected to the internet, it allows small or large companies to:
- Save money by performing site content updates themselves
- Publish content quickly and easily
- Easily manage hundreds to thousands of site pages
- Manage multiple content creators with a powerful workflow system
- Assign permissions at the user level
- Add new pages that appear in the navigation
- Update meta data at a page level
- Reduce the need for redundant inputs
What is AgileSite?
Agilesite is an easy to use Content Management System (CMS) developed by PointShop Inc./WTE Solutions Inc. with the source code owned by WTE. It is licensed on a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. Not sure what that is? SaaS applications are sometimes called web-based software, on-demand software, or hosted software. Whatever the name, SaaS applications run on a SaaS provider’s servers. The provider manages access to the application, including security, availability, and performance. SaaS customers have no hardware or software to buy, install, maintain, or update resulting in a lower cost of ownership.
How Do I Update Site Content?
Any registered user can safely and securely access their AgileSite Web site over an internet connection - no special set up or configuration is required. After a short training session, even novice computer users can add, delete, and edit content on their Web site. There is no need for a webmaster or knowledge of HTML. Simply login to your site and make your changes.
AgileSite has many exciting built in tools that make managing your Web site a breeze. A short list of some of the features built into AgileSite are:
- WYSIWYG editor or HTML editing
- version control
- international support
- advanced security
- rapid development
- open api extensibility
- easy deployment and content staging
- friendly url’s and SEO
- full text search
- message boards
- event calendars
- booking systems
- newsletter sign-up
- image gallery
- online forms
- content rating
- taxonomy (tags and categories)
- media library
To learn more about all of the exciting and easy to use features AgileSite has and how we can help you with a custom built Web site, contact us.
Aren’t All Content Management Systems the Same?
Many companies offer “content management systems”, but these systems are often nothing more than simple page editors or file uploaders. AgileSite is truly a comprehensive platform that was designed to meet the demands of increasingly complex Web sites that evolve over time. Clients are able to modify and grow the creative elements, content, and features of their site to meet the ever changing needs of their users. Many Web sites are developed via PHP or ASP which results in potentially thousands of pages to manage with very little flexibility. AgileSite sites are built on a robust framework and all pages reside inside a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 database with a powerful publishing system rendering them. This makes the Web sites much easier to operate and manage and provides businesses with the flexibility to expand their Web site as their business grows.
Because the AgileSite team of developers maintain the framework and add enhancements throughout the year, you also have the opportunity to add new features to your Web site as they become available. While updating your site is easy with the AgileSite tool suite, our technology is backed with developers, designers, and marketing specialists who can assist you when a project grows or as services are needed. Let WTE show you an overview of the admin side of AgileSite; view a real Web site with similar features and functions to your own and see just how easy it can be to edit existing content and add new pages and content to a Web site with AgileSite.
Is AgileSite Right for Me?
Every AgileSite is customized to meet each client’s individual and unique needs. Our talented Design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Technical Communication, and Development teams work together to deliver a professional, user and search engine friendly site. AgileSite’s flexibility has made it a popular choice with movie studios, record labels, marketing companies, insurance companies, athletic companies, and many more.
- AgileSite Lite - A flexible content management system designed especially for small business and personal Web sites. Choose from a variety of layouts and colorways to create a professional looking Web site with powerful functionality for ease of maintenance.
- AgileSite Professional - A fully customized content management system and Web site solution for medium to large businesses. Work with our talented team to create the Web site your business needs.
- AgileSite Enterprise - Take your custom Web site to the next level with features developed to your specifications, including features such as workflow approval processes, web services, and api integration.