Are you interested in adding paid advertisements to your Web site as an alternate source of revenue? Looking to entice site visitors to explore more of your site and find out what other products and services you offer? Quickly and easily create a single or multiple ad campaigns for your Web site with AgileSite Ad Server Technology. This Software as a Service ad serving technology simplifies ad management and serving and provides real time information about your advertisements so you can make timely marketing decisions.
What Do You Need?
- A Web site - Although this seems like an obvious first step, know that not just any Web site will do. It has to be user-friendly and full of good content. No one wants to advertise on a poorly designed Web site since it would reflect negatively on their business also.
- Traffic - In order to sell banner advertising on your site, you need to generate traffic. If you don't already have a good amount of traffic, you could market the site through pay-per-click advertising, email marketing, and social networking to boost site traffic.
- Site Traffic Analysis Software - You need statistics to sell your site. Potential advertisers will want to know not only how many visitors you get, but also the demographics of those visitors.
- Banner Ad Server - You need a tool to automate the ad service and keep track of statistical data. This allows you to streamline operations and also to keep track of your ad service and collect commissions.
Tips for Effective Banner Advertising
- When selling your site as an advertising outlet, start by targeting sites that are similar to yours, but not direct competitors. Don't try to sell to sites that are not in or related to your field. Very few, if any, conversions result from such ads. It would also hurt the credibility of your own site to have unrelated ads on the page.
- Be specific in your ads. Don't put up ads that are so general that they do not arouse curiosity.
- Take them straight to the point. Don't point all your ads to the advertisers home page and make the user look for something. Targeted landing pages get much better results.
- Keep them small, but not too small. Use good judgement. You want them to be noticeable, but you don't want them to take over the page.
- A little animation can be interesting, but if it's too flashy, it may be distracting.
For more information on how banner ad service can benefit you, contact WTE Solutions today.